Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
julie.hayward  
#1 Posted : 22 May 2017 12:59:15(UTC)
julie.hayward

Afternoon - I have a site in Dublin - please can anyine help on the requirement of the H&S Law poster - would it be the same as the english version which needs to be displayed ? Many thanks Julie

Ian Bell2  
#2 Posted : 22 May 2017 13:03:41(UTC)
Ian Bell2

No idea what Irish requirements are. But Dublin/Ireland are a different sovereign country so the HSE/UK safety will not apply or have any authority.
julie.hayward  
#3 Posted : 22 May 2017 13:10:58(UTC)
julie.hayward

Many thanks for your comments Ian - I thought Dublin would be the same as England however Belfast would be different - but your thoughts on a different sovereign country sheds a different view on it - thanks - it seems to be quite a grey area - thanks Julie

ryangavin777  
#4 Posted : 22 May 2017 13:37:10(UTC)
ryangavin777

thanks 1 user thanked ryangavin777 for this useful post.
julie.hayward on 22/05/2017(UTC)
watcher  
#5 Posted : 22 May 2017 14:36:08(UTC)
watcher

Originally Posted by: julie.hayward Go to Quoted Post

Many thanks for your comments Ian - I thought Dublin would be the same as England however Belfast would be different - but your thoughts on a different sovereign country sheds a different view on it - thanks - it seems to be quite a grey area - thanks Julie

I'm sure you meant to put these cities round the other way.  I'm not sure why there is any grey area.  Ireland is a different country from the UK. 

Incidentally, the law poster is a UK requirement, isn't it.  There isn't an "English" version.

thanks 1 user thanked watcher for this useful post.
WatsonD on 23/05/2017(UTC)
grim72  
#6 Posted : 23 May 2017 07:42:48(UTC)
grim72

Not for Ireland as previously stated. Watcher your reference to UK requirement is a grey area. The Norhten Irish version is slightly different and you can get a Welsh language version too, the version for offshore workers is different again, so not quite a one poster suits all scenario (that would be far too simple wouldnt it) - all available from the HSE site at http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/books/lawposter.htm

watcher  
#7 Posted : 23 May 2017 09:14:59(UTC)
watcher

Originally Posted by: grim72 Go to Quoted Post

Not for Ireland as previously stated. Watcher your reference to UK requirement is a grey area. The Norhten Irish version is slightly different and you can get a Welsh language version too, the version for offshore workers is different again, so not quite a one poster suits all scenario (that would be far too simple wouldnt it) - all available from the HSE site at http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/books/lawposter.htm

Thanks for your input, but the OP referred to grey area in respect of Dublin.   There is no grey area, it's exactly the same as asking if a factory on the outskirts of Paris would need to display it.  I am presuming that it was a typo when she said she thought Dublin would be the same as England, but Belfast would be different.  

I am fully aware of the differences with the UK of GB & NI, thanks.   I am also aware that the H & S Law Poster is not unique to England.  Unless another Scottish referendum has sneaked through and separation has been implemented