Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 18 April 2002 10:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Carol Hi, we have just had our tea trolley stopped on the grounds of health and safety. Does anybody know where I can find any information about this please. thanks, Carol
Admin  
#2 Posted : 18 April 2002 10:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Merv Newman Carol you will probably have to fit it with hot and cold running water, a handwash basin with disinfectant soap and an electric hand dryer and one or more temperature controlled cabinets. HACCP should be taken into consideration on disinfecting surfaces and food handling routines I will need a few more details before advising on the need for brakes, lights, steering, seat belts and toilet facilities. Best regards Merv Newman
Admin  
#3 Posted : 18 April 2002 12:09:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert K Lewis On the other hand the wheel may be about to fall off. Mention no names or pack drill but one local authority received an improvement notice over the state of the Town Clerk's chair as the thing was nigh on fit to expire but he liked the comfort!!!! Bob
Admin  
#4 Posted : 18 April 2002 13:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick Higginson Crumbs, this takes the biscuit doesn't it? Is this just the (PG) tip of the iceberg? How is your accident "pyramid" looking? Have you submitted a Safe Tea Case to HSE for this activity? Sorry Carol, Perhaps you could give us some more details? Who stopped it? For what reason? Regards, Nick
Admin  
#5 Posted : 18 April 2002 15:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Diane Warne Nick, do you have a tea trolley where you work serving up tea and puns? Sorry again Carol! As Nick says, you need to explain why it was stopped and by whom before any useful comment can be made.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 18 April 2002 20:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Allan St.John Holt I wonder if someone has seen a copy of the 'Office Olympics' short video that's been passing around the Net? The one where there's a corridor bike race and as they pass the lifts a tea trolley emerges into their path? Almost as good as the high hurdles race across a cube farm. Allan
Admin  
#7 Posted : 19 April 2002 19:33:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Geoff Burt Carol - ignore them! I have a risk assessment for a tea trolley used in council offices. Did it about 3 years ago, if you would like a copy let me know. Comedians - before you ask - no