Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 27 November 2003 10:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Joe Ridley
Hi there,

I am in the middle of reviewing our Health and Safety policy and would like to ask should details of responsible persons job descriptions be revealed in the policy and should additions be made to the descriptions for additonal H&S responsibilties, or should reference be made to areas of repsonsibilities rather than go into detail?

Hope someone can help clear this one for me

Cheers

Joe
Admin  
#2 Posted : 27 November 2003 11:36:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick House
Hi Joe

I don't see any need to include a person's job description in the H&S policy, as it only needs to go as far as stating who has what responsibility.

Depending on the size/ type of company you are in, you may not even have to mention names - job titles may be sufficient. This also depends on whether everyone has access to a company organogram, although this could always be added as an appendix to the policy document.

Regards

Nick.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 27 November 2003 11:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert Paterson
Hi Joe

The HSE have a good leaflet about H&S Policies and can be downloded from the website, free leaflets.

www.hse.gov.uk

The leaflet is called An introduction to Health and Safety - INDG259(rev1). The back pages of the leaflet gives you an example of Health and Safety Policy

Hope that helps

Regards

Robert Paterson