Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SallyOD  
#1 Posted : 20 June 2024 00:37:31(UTC)
SallyOD

Renewal time has come around once again and before I just blatantly renew and pay my £70, just wondering what the changes/improvements have supposedly been bought in as promised back in 2022 when ‘taken over’ by IOSH? Having been a member since Mr Grayling pushed it into existence, can’t say I have had any benefit from it apart from the odd sales call trying to sell me products!
So paying already for IOSH Chartered Membership fees, which aren’t cheap, wondering where does the fee actually go from the OSHCR membership? To IOSH also?
Asked the questions but no responses? Is the OSCHR fit for purpose?
Roundtuit  
#2 Posted : 20 June 2024 08:43:20(UTC)
Roundtuit

When I am looking for a consultant to assist my employer the OSHCR is nowhere on the list of resources.

It slipped from prominence on the old HSE web site.

On the revamp it is noweher to be seen with a simple search returning 404 page not found 

https://www.hse.gov.uk/OSHCR/

Roundtuit  
#3 Posted : 20 June 2024 08:43:20(UTC)
Roundtuit

When I am looking for a consultant to assist my employer the OSHCR is nowhere on the list of resources.

It slipped from prominence on the old HSE web site.

On the revamp it is noweher to be seen with a simple search returning 404 page not found 

https://www.hse.gov.uk/OSHCR/

peter gotch  
#4 Posted : 20 June 2024 12:02:14(UTC)
peter gotch

Hi Sally

Difficult to know where the money goes, but according to the IOSH Annual Report for FY 2023, ie to 31 March 2023, there were 998 consultants on the Register on that date, who had paid in roughly £65,000 (which would be about right if the renewal fee is £70)..

On page 78 of the Annual Report you can find a breakdown of IOSH staffing.

Indicates ONE person working for OSHCR in FY 2022 and NONE in FY 2023.

OSHCR might be getting support provided by staff allocated to other parts of IOSH.